Co-ReSyF is a 3-year project (2016-2018) funded by the European Commission. The project supports research applications using Earth Observation (EO) data for Coastal Water Research.
Co-ReSyF will create a cloud platform, which simplifies integration of EO data use into multi-disciplinary research activities.
This platform aims to be user friendly and accessible to inexperienced scientists as well as EO and coastal experts.
We will reach a wide community of coastal and oceanic researchers, who are offered the opportunity to experience, test and guide the development of the platform, whilst using it as a tool for their own research.
A set of coastal Research Applications (RAs) will be implemented within the Co-ReSyF platform. These core RAs will use Co-ReSyF platform tools to incorporate advanced algorithms and methodologies to the system for open source use.
These RAs are:
- Bathymetry Determination from SAR Images
- Determination of bathymetry, benthic habitat classification and water quality from optical sensors
- Vessel and oil spill detection
- Time-series processing for hyper-temporal optical data analysis
- Ocean coastal altimetry
Co-ReSyF aims to facilitate access to Earth Observation (EO) data and various processing tools by the coastal and oceanic research community, towards the future provision of services based on EO data namely (but not restricted to) Coastal Water research.
This will be achieved by:
- Setting up a collaborative environment which facilitates the integration of EO data use into multi-disciplinary research activities, by guiding researchers towards easy to use and understand data analysis tools, designed to extract the information held within EO data.
- Reaching a wide community of coastal and oceanic researchers who shall experience, test, and guide improvements to the framework, whilst using it to integrate EO data use into their research, and in particular data from the new Sentinel-series satellites.
- Providing a powerful framework with scalable capabilities and integrated tools for dedicated EO data access, processing, and process automation.