A set of coastal Research Applications (RAs) will be implemented within the Co-ReSyF platform.
These core RAs will use platform tools & functionalities to deploy advanced algorithms and methodologies, in an intuitive front face. The many complicated processing steps are brought together in the background. Any user, of any level of expertise, will be able to access the Co-ReSyF RAs and easily deploy them in their chosen Area Of Interest (AOI). This means that even users without a background in Earth Observation (EO) will be able to use the Co-ReSyF platform to (i) access EO data, (ii) deploy an existing RA, and (iii) retrieve (and optionally share) the outputs.
On the other hand, advanced users will be able to use the Co-ReSyF functionalities to develop their own modules, or configure copies of existing ones. The original module, managed on the platform as a template, will remain unchanged for future use.
These RAs are:
- Bathymetry Determination from SAR Images
- Determination of bathymetry, benthic habitat classification and water quality from optical sensors
- Vessel and oil spill detection
- Time-series processing for hyper-temporal optical data analysis
- Ocean coastal altimetry
Co-ReSyF | Research Applications Posters
- Coastal Altimetry – BOC
- SAR Bathymetry – LNEC
- Optical Bathymetry & Benthic Habitat Classification – ARGANS (formerly ACRI-HE)
- Oil Spill and Vessel Detection – UCC & DEIMOS
- Ocean-surface Heterogeneity MApping: the modular programming approach – UCC
- Ocean-surface Heterogeneity MApping: the underpinning science – UCC
Co-ReSyF-supported student research:
- Assessment of the utility of the ESA SST CCI product for environmental research using data from meteorological buoys in the North Atlantic – Hannah Binner (BSc.) et al., UCC
- The Use of ASCAT 12.5km Coastal Observations for Offshore Wind Farm Site Selection in Ireland – Tiny Remmers (MSc.) et al., UCC